MultiFiber Pro MPO Fiber Tester
The Fluke Networks MFTK1200 MultiFiber Pro takes the complexity out of testing MPO trunks for loss and polarity. With an on-board MPO connector, it the MFTK1200 is the first tester to automate the MPO fiber-trunk testing process without using a fan-out cord. The power meter/light source boasts industry-first functions such as automatic scanning of all twelve fibers and display of test results in an easy-to-read bar graph.
These innovative features allow Fluke MFTK1200 MultiFiber Pro kits to eliminate the complexity of testing MPO trunks, making it 90 percent faster than the traditional simplex test methods.
Here are the specifications and features of the MFTK1200:
- Detector type ? InGaAs
- Calibrated wavelengths ? 850 nm, 1300 nm, 1310 nm, 1550 nm
- Measurement range ? 0 dBm to -50 dBm
- Test time ? 6 seconds
- Power measurement linearity ? ?0.1 dB
- Power measurement uncertainty ? ?0.35 dB
- Power measurement repeatability ? < 0.10 dB
- Display resolution, dB or dBm ? 0.01
- Power display units ? dBm, mW, ?W
- User-selectable limit for loss ? 0.05 dB to 50.0 dB, in increments of 0.05 dB up to 10.0 dB and 0.1 dB up to 50.0dB
- Auto wavelength detection ? Yes
- Polarity detection ? Detects A, B, C, and Corning Plug & Play? Universal Systems polarities
- 2 kHz detection ? Yes
- Record storage ? 3000 records, one fiber per record (250 12-fiber cables)
- External interface ? USB 2.0, full speed
- Optical connector ? MPO interface for 12-fiber, unpinned plugs. Compatible with 62.5 ?m, 50 ?m, and singlemode fibers. Connector has a self-closing, protective cover
- Power requirement ? 2 AA alkaline batteries
- Battery life ? 30 hours (typical)
- Automatic power-off ? 10, 20, 30, or 60 minutes (can be disabled by the user)
- Low battery warning ?