The high-performance Keysight 8020A-16G enables fast, accurate receiver characterization of single- and multi-lane devices running up to 16 Gb/s.
With today’s highest level of integration, the Keysight (formerly Agilent) M8020A-16G streamlines your test setup. In addition, automated in situ calibration of signal conditions ensures accurate and repeatable measurements. And, through interactive link training, it can behave like your DUT’s link partner. All in all, the J-BERT M8020A-16G will accelerate insight into your design.
Versatility is one of the M8020A-16G’s strongest features, and as such the device can be used for various research and development based applications.
Key Features & Specifications
- Data rates up to 8.5/ 16 Gb/s for pattern generator and error detector. Expandable to 32 Gb/s with M8062A 32 Gb/s BERT Front-End
- Integrated and calibrated jitter injection: RJ, PJ1, PJ2, SJ, BUJ, sinusoidal interference(common-mode and differential-mode), SSC (triangular and arbitrary, residual)
- 8- tap de-emphasis (positive and negative) up to 20 dB
- Integrated and adjustable ISI for loss emulation
- Interactive link training for SAS-3, USB 3.0/3.1 and PCI Express supporting 8 GT/s and 16 GT/s
- Interactive TxEQ training for IEEE 10GBASE-KR, 25GBASE-KR and 100GBASE-KR4
- Built-in clock data recovery and equalization
- System integration with M8070A software for M8000 BER series. Seamless operation with BERT/Scope and AWGs
R&D and test engineers who characterize, verify compliance of chips, devices, boards and systems with serial I/O ports up to 16 Gb/s. The M8020A can be used to test popular serial bus standards, such as: PCI Express, USB, MIPI M-PHYTM, SATA/SAS, DisplayPort, SD UHS-II, Fiber Channel, QPI, HyperTransport, memory buses, backplanes, repeaters, active optical cables, Thunderbolt, 10 GbE, 100GbE (optical and electrical), SFP , CFP2/4 transceivers, CEI.