64 GBaud Pattern Generator for use in physical layer characterization and compliance testing. With support for PAM-4 and NRZ signals and data rates up
Key Features & Specifications
- Data rates from 2 to 32 Gbaud and 64 Gbaud PAM-4 signal
- Built-in de-emphasis and built-in analyzer equalization
- Integrated and calibrated jitter injection: RJ, PJ1, PJ2, SJ, BUJ, and clk/2 jitter
- Two pattern generator channels per module to emulate aggressor lane
- Short connections to the DUT with remote heads for the pattern generator
- True PAM-4 error detection in real-time for low BER levels
- Algorithmic PRBS, QPRBS and memory-based patterns, pattern sequencer with loops and error injection
Master your 400G design
The Keysight M8040A is a highly integrated BERT for physical layer characterization and compliance testing. With support for PAM-4 and NRZ signals and data rates up to 64 Gbaud (corresponds to 128 Gbit/s) it covers all flavors of 200 and 400 GbE standards.
The M8040A BERT offers true error analysis and provides repeatable and accurate results optimizing the performance margins of your 400GbE devices.
The M8040A is designed for R&D and test engineers who characterize chips, devices, transceiver modules and sub-components, boards and systems with serial I/O ports operating with data rates up to 32 Gbaud and 64 Gbaud in the data center and communications industry.
The M8040A can be used for receiver (input) testing for many popular interconnect standards that use PAM-4 and NRZ data formats, such as: 400 GbE, 50/100/200 GbE, OIF CEI-56G and CEI-112G, 64G/112G Fibre Channel, Infiniband-HDR and proprietary interfaces for chip-to-chip, chip-to-module, backplanes, repeaters and active optical cables.
The pattern generator of the M8040A 64 Gbaud BERT provides a clean 29 Gbaud PAM-4 output signal.