Sumitomo’s Type-39 FastCat Core Alignment Fusion splicer is the industry’s first splicer to feature a Dual-Automatic Heater System featuring Auto Start Heater and Auto Start Splice functions – making the FastCat the fastest splicer available today.The Type-39 FastCat’s advanced electronic design, which accommodates the built-in dual heating system and simultaneous operation, reduces the bottle neck of “heater wait time” by 88%. With an individual heater cycle time of only 30 seconds (60mm Fiber Protection Sleeves) and a splice cycle of only 9 seconds, the FastCat improves splicing efficiency by 70%.
The FastCat is a fully automatic, highly portable, self-contained instrument for creating quick and effortless low-loss optical fiber splices in any environment with a typical splice loss of only .02(dB) for identical single-mode fiber. It is designed to work with virtually all fiber types including single-mode, multimode, dispersion shifted and other specialty fibers.
The splicer utilizes precision High-resolution Direct Core Monitoring (HDCM) technology to form repeatable low-loss splice results. HDCM and Dual Heater technologies, combined with Sumitomo Electric’s track record for reliability and customer support, make the FastCat the industry’s new standard for fusion splicers.
- RoHS Compliant
- Dual Independent Splice Protection Heaters
- 5.6″ Switchable Color Monitor for Front to Back or Back to Front Operation
- Automatic Splice Start
- Automatic Heater Start
- Automatic Fiber Profiling Detection
- Complete Splice in Less than 40 Seconds
- Built-In LED for V-Groove Illumination
- User-Friendly Menu Selection System
- 24-Hour Technical Support via 888-SPLICER
FiberOptic.com Type-39 Include:
- ADC-13 AC Adapter and Power Cord
- BTR-08 Battery and DCC-14 Charge Cord
- CT-30A Cleaver
- USB Cable
- Splicer Carrying Strap
- Quick Reference Guide
- JP-05 Splice Sleeve Cooling Tray
- Transit Case with Carrying Strap